The Insurance and Regulatory Affairs Committee shall be chaired by Insurance and Regulatory Affairs Chair, who shall also be designated Legislative Director for the Association. Committee membership is open to all OFMA members, subject to approval of the Board. The Committee:
- Charged with implementing the Association’s policy priorities,
- Determining legislative strategies, and
- Interfacing and building relations with regulatory agencies and public officials.
- Responsible for promoting Flood Insurance and
- Implementing initiatives related to flood insurance, including the Map Change Assistance Program.
- Plans the annual Legislative Reception.
- Tracks existing activities which affect both State and Federal Policy
- Provide representative input to State and Federal officials
- Track legislation and prepare education material for elected officials and board members
Purpose: To serve as the voice of OFMA to our elected officials on matters relative to floodplain management. Ensure the association’s members are aware of federal and state legislation which affects the floodplain community.
Chair: Tom Leatherbee